Cycle the Shelbourne Corridor at the Saanich Cycling Festival
The District of Saanich has partnered with a variety of Community Organizations to present the 4th annual Saanich Cycling Festival on Sunday, April 21 from 11:00 am - 1:30 pm. The event features the BIG Family Bike Ride which is a mass participation ride celebrating Earth Day 2013.
The ride will be escorted by the Saanich Police along the Shelbourne Street Corridor.
Participants have two routes to choose from:
There will be a 4.9 km Shelbourne Street route and a Kid's UVic route, so even the smallest cycling enthusiasts will be able to celebrate Earth Day. Stage entertainment, bike demonstrations, interactive games and activities, information displays, a bike rodeo, and concessions will round out a day of free family fun.
Shelbourne Bike Ride:
Departs at 11:00 am from Camosun College (Lansdowne) and ends at Univeristy of Victoria Lot #10 (approx: 11:30 am)
- Slow pace suitable for families with children 7+
- Saanich Police provide rolling street closures along Shelbourne Street and McKenzie Avenue
- Free parking is available at UVic Lot #6 and cyclists are asked to use Henderson Road to access Camosun College (Lansdowne) for the start.
- Saanich Fire will be on hand with a ladder truck for an aerial group photo
Kid's UVic Ride:
Departs at 11:00 am from Lot #10 at UVic and returns at approximately 11:15 am
- Slow pace suitable for families with children 6 and under
- Saanich Police bike squad escort riders
- Start and Finish will be the East Exit of Lot #10 at the University of Victoria
Participating organizations include:
Rider's Cycle, Mac's Cycle, JK's Bicycletis, Trek Cycle, Oak Bay Bikes, Saanich Corridor Study
& Community Mapping, Friends of Mount Doug Community Association, Accent Inns, CRD
Regional Parks Youth Volunteer Trail Ambassadors, Atlantis Programs and Pedalheads Bike
Rodeo, BCAA, Saanich Parks & Recreation, Saanich Fire, Saanich Emergency Preparedness,
University of Victoria Sustainability Program, MS Society of Canada, Victoria International
Cycling Festival, Greater Victoria Cycling Coalition, Mt. Tolmie Community Association, Gordon
Head Residents Association, Quadra Cedar/Hill Community Association, Vancity and Vikes
Sunday, 21 April, 2013
Phone: 250 475-5558
Website: Click to Visit
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Share this Event:Email to a Friend